|6 November 2016 – 09:30||Hallmark Manchester Airport, Stanley Road, Handforth, Wilmslow, SK9 3LD|
Date: Saturday 28 November 2015
Time: 9 for 9.30am, finish approx 5pm
Venue: University of Salford MediaCity UK, Plot B4, Salford Quays, M50 2HE
Cost: £20 +VAT
Join us for a day of expert advice and networking. The talks for the day will be:
The Power of Networking: Why working together creates opportunities
Why working together creates opportunities
• What areas to do Members in Practice (MiPs) work in? Compliance, Consultancy
• How does the Association help MiPs
• Who do we work with – FF and Debitoor
• How do you join?
• How much do you earn?
17 November 2015
Venue: Royal College of Physicians, 11 St Andrews Place, Regent’s Park, London NW1 4LE
Start time: 8.45am registration, refreshments and networking, for a 9.30am start
Close time: 1pm lunch with an hour of networking until 2pm. The finalised agenda to follow.
Small and medium sized businesses account for 60 per cent of UK private sector employment and, with a combined annual turnover of £1.6 trillion, account for 47% of turnover in the private sector.
We will be hosting an event exploring opportunities for SMEs to grow, and would be delighted if you could join us. The agenda is as below:
- 8.45am – Registration and networking
- 9.30am – Introduction by Jon Watkins, Editor in chief, CIMA Media
- 9.35am – Keynote speech by Steve Bicknell FCMA, CGMA
- 9.50am – Panel Session – Alternative Finance – Panel session with Q+A, featuring Steve Bicknell FCMA CGMA, Jeunesse Edwards Director of Strategic Engagement from Augusta Ventures, Basit Nasim Founder of HotBox London and Conrad Ford Chief Executive of Funding Options
- 10.30am – Refreshment break
- 10.55am – Welcome back by Jon Watkins
- 11.00am – Financing your SME – Q+A session featuring Paul Surtees, MD of Capitalise
- 11.35am – Marketing and social media for SMEs presented by Lisa Moretti, Digital Strategist from Seven
- 12.10pm – Recruiting the right talent presented by Lee Shepherd, Sales and Marketing Director and Olivia Yost, Business Development Director from Sheridan Maine with Q+A
- 12.50pm – Wrap up discussion
- 1.00pm – Lunch and networking
- 2.00pm – Event close
Copies of Slides including full notes
This webinar is designed for accountancy and tax practitioners who would like to maximise tax savings for their clients by claiming all available capital allowances.
Chances are you are too busy running your practice to keep abreast of all recent changes to the legislation: this one-hour webinar will give you everything you need to know to keep on top of the latest developments including:
- Which parts of a building are considered ‘integral features’ and can be claimed for?
- Capital allowances on cars: which is better, green or classic?
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- What capital allowances are and what conditions must be met to claim them
- The statutory framework around capital allowances, both primary legislation and case law
- A work through of a transitional calculation for the Annual Investment Allowance for 2015/16
- Capital allowances as they applies to cars and vans
- What constitutes ‘integral features’ and what allowances are available on them (including review of relevant case law)
- Other types of assets on which capital allowances (including enhanced allowances) are available:
- Research & Development
- Business Property Renovation expenses
- Short-life assets
- Enterprise Zones
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12.30pm on Friday 9 October 2015 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.