This year, 2015, we have had over 100,000 hits (48% up on 2014), which I think is amazing!
So I wanted to share the full details with you, see analysis below.
In total we have had 236,607 hits, we have 4,532 followers, there are 556 posts, most people find us using Google (over 80%). Thank you to all those who read my blog. Have a great Christmas.
I have been blogging regularly for a few years now and last week http://www.stevejbicknell.com reached a staggering 200,000 hits and its growing in popularity every day, here are the Statistics for 2015, these are monthly numbers of views and the number that came to blog via a search engine.
I think its impressive that most of the hits are driven by being found in search engines, thank you Google!
I also have a large base of followers who get my blogs by e mail or follow the blog on wordpress.
So why do people read my blog?
- Useful Content – I learned a long time ago that if you want followers and readers you have to write about things that will interest as wider audience as possible. My blog is about Accounting and Tax, which you might think is boring but it does affect everyone, we all pay tax! and there is plenty to blog about.
- Accurate Content – Its important to get the content right but even if you do make a mistake you can bet your life someone will tell you. Fortunately most readers are very helpful and will also contribute suggestions.
- Regular Posts – you have to post regularly, I post 2 or 3 times a week, I prepare them in advance and schedule them
- Variety – I try cover a wide variety of topics and my audience appreciate it, I even get special requests
- Pictures – Blogs without pictures, charts and graphics are boring
- Share – Post your blogs every where on Social Media and encourage others to do the same
- Pick a good title – The title will be found by search engines so try to think about what someone might search for
- Video – You Tube has plenty and most people would love you to link to their video as it will increase their hits as well as yours
- Infographics – I love infographics and I try to create my own when I have time
- Keep it simple – Lets face it Tax is complicated, so I try not to make the blogs too complicated otherwise I will lose followers