Would you like your address removed from Companies House?

Some directors have been targeted by criminals such as those trying to steal your identity.

If you used your home address as your service address (or ‘correspondence’ address), you can ask Companies House to:

1. remove it from the register
2. withhold it from credit reference agencies – you can only do this in certain circumstances

You’ll need to apply and pay for each of these separately.

You cannot ask to remove your company’s registered office address, even if it’s your home address.

You can ask Companies House to remove your home address from publicly available documents, such as a form to appoint a director.

You’ll need to know which documents contain your home address. Check this by finding your company on the Companies House register.

Download an application form. It costs £55 to remove your address from each document.

Payment details are on the form.

Send your application form and fee to the Registrar of Companies.

The Registrar of Companies
PO Box 4082
CF14 3WE

Ask to have your address withheld from credit reference agencies

You can only do this if you’re at risk of violence or intimidation because of your company’s work. You need to provide proof such as:
# a police incident number if you’ve been attacked
# documentary evidence of a threat or attack, such as photos or recordings
# evidence of possible disruption or targeting, such as by animal rights or other activists
# evidence that you work for an organisation whose activities put you at risk, such as the Secret Intelligence Service

Request an application form by emailing dsr@companieshouse.gov.uk. It costs £100 to apply.


Leave a Reply