Basically there are 2 procedures to correct errors at companies house.
Amending Published Accounts
You must send amended accounts to Companies House on paper.
Amended or corrected accounts must be for the same period as the original accounts.
You must clearly say in your new accounts that they:
- replace the original accounts
- are now the statutory accounts
- are prepared as they were at the date of the original accounts
You must write “amended” on the front – the accounts may be rejected as duplicates if you don’t.
Your original accounts will remain on file at Companies House.
If you only want to amend one part of your accounts, you need to send a note saying what’s been changed. The note must be signed by a director and filed with a copy of the original accounts.
Depending on the changes made you might also need to change the corporation tax returns!
Second Filing of Documents (RP04)
RP04 should be used to notify Companies House of a second filing of a previously properly delivered document that contains inaccuracies showing on the register.
This form only applies to the following documents:
- AP01 Appointment of director
- AP02 Appointmentof corporate director
- AP03 Appointment of secretary
- AP04 Appointment of corporate secretary
- CH01 Change of director’s details
- CH02 Change of corporate director’s details
- CH03 Change of secretary’s details
- CH04 Change of corporate secretary’s details
- TM01 Termination of appointment of director
- TM02 Termination of appointment of secretary
- SH01 Return of allotment of shares
- AR01 Annual Return
Forms need to be printed at full size on white A4 sized paper.